Udemy

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Flip charts

Today I am going to share my tips on using flip charts. Many people including myself like technology including iannotate for iPad, smart boards etc. But, the flip chart isn't dead and can be really useful with a smaller audience. My flip chart tips are: Try not to fall over it! - we've all done it and probable more than once If you have writing that slants up or down then draw very faint lines in pencil - no one will see and everything stays horizontal If you know the titles of what you will be discussing you can pre write them neatly in advance. Just make sure the writing doesn't 'bleed through' to the page below. I put piece of card between when I write If you have less than perfect writing it often looks neater if you form each letter with separate lines. For example when writing the letter 'd' do the l first followed by the 'c' My most favourite tip of all is to pre write in faint pencil the points you need to cover or bring out during a discussion along the very top of the paper. This means you don't have to hold notes, or be apprehensive about not covering all the points. The audience will I promise you not be able to see the notes and you look as thought you know your subject matter inside and out Goog luck and remember for more great tips see my $99 cents/ 77p ebook 'How to create and deliver effective presentations' by Sarah Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment